Lucidus Second Opinions
When you need to know if your project is going to be delivered on time and within budget.
- Most projects tend to go ahead on the basis of the project duration and end date generated by the project team’s planning and scheduling tool (such as Oracle Primavera®, Microsoft® Project and Asta Powerproject).
- Most of these projects will be late and overrun their budgets.
- Projects are generally risky and uncertain events; yet, the project schedule and cost estimate take no account of either risks or uncertainty.
- If major commitments (e.g. investment decision and main contract award) are made on this basis then the owner/client is likely to face missed deadlines, increased costs and loss of revenue, even reputational damage.
- Trust in the project team getting it right and punish them if it is late and over budget, or
- Accept that the project will be probably be late and over budget and add something on top for some delay and increased costs – have a guess at what might be enough, or
- Get Lucidus Second Opinions© on the reliability of the project’s schedule and cost estimate and likelihood of their being achieved, with accurate forecasts of what the outcome is likely to be.